Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

OOTD: Scarborough Castle

Thursday 6 November 2014
Hat: Kubixl* | Parka: ASOS | Jumper: Stradivarius |  Skirt: Stradivarius | Shoes: Dr. Martens

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that I would be visiting the countryside and staying at a farm for the weekend leading up to Reading Week. This was the perfect opportunity to really relax and get away from the buzz of the city. (I didn't last long, though - I was looking for wifi the minute I checked in!)

My friends and I caught trains down to Scarborough, and we took a taxi from the station to The Grainary, a 200-acre farm in Harwood Dale with rolling hills and so many animals! The view from the entrance to the farm, and even our 'shabby chic' room was absolutely breathtaking, and for once I felt total peace and quiet. 

Since we were in the countryside, we set out to do some real exploring and set off for Scarborough Castle. It really is just a ruin, but the surrounding areas were perfect for an impromptu photoshoot!

Obviously, the centrepiece of my look is the Royal Zigzag kindly sent by the ladies of Kubixl, a Brighton-based knitwear company. It's incredibly loud and eye-catching, I got tons of looks from other tourists! The pompom of the hat is also detachable and they have other designs online, so you can really mix-and-match your head accessories.

Kubixl's hat was perfect for the crazy Scarborough weather, where I experienced rain, strong winds and loads of sun in the span of one day! My head was kept (mostly) dry, and the material didn't even get soaked through.

I've noticed that most of Kubixl's customers seem to be into sports and adventure, and although I'm not much of an outdoor girl, I have to agree that the hat is both functional and looks stunning set against the backdrop of Mother Nature. I'm thinking of wearing the hat again really soon, what with the colder weather we'll soon be facing. It'll definitely brighten up those gloomy winter days! x



4 comments:

  1. Love the East Yorkshire coastline!! Great summery/autumnal outfit too!!

    Oliver
    suedeandsymphony.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww looks so nice! Love the little black leather shoes, where are they from? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually going to Scarborough in a few weeks too so will have to check out the castle! Love that hat.

    Katie x

    thequickredfox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

fashion, eats and treats © 2014