Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

#divasglamvegas by Thomas Cook Airlines

Monday 2 February 2015

I was invited to attend the #divasglamvegas event last Wednesday, and true to its name, it was held at the ultra-posh Milton Club in Deansgate, Manchester. 
The event was exclusively for bloggers and organised by Thomas Cook Airlines, which has recently introduced weekly flights to and fro Manchester and (you guessed it) Las Vegas! You can have a browse at the flights here. With flight prices between England and the States at an all-time low, it's no wonder that airlines are offering more uniquely American destinations at affordable fees.

I met up with a couple of blogger friends beforehand, and together we headed to the venue, where we checked in our coats and were handed a glass of the bespoke drink, Viva Las Vegas. The organisers met us at the door to give us cute personalised name-tags and gave us the lowdown on all the activities happening.

As you can see from the photos above, there was roulette, which was a thrill to play - thank goodness the money was fake, or else I would have lost big-time! There was also a small alcove for mini makeovers - a couple of bloggers had amazing crystal falsies attached, while I went for an ombre lip. Funnily enough, the make-up artist who did my makeover was the same one whom I had met at an earlier event! Isn't it a small world?


Besides the activities going on, I had a great time meeting other bloggers whom I had only met online before, and also taking advantage of the extensive cocktail menu! The Flamingo was my favourite drink of the night, with its tropical fizz, and I kept insisting people try it, oopsies! At the end of the night, a Britney Spears lookalike even gave a rendition of 'Toxic', with everyone whipping out their cameras for a quick photo. I posted the photo below on Facebook, and like me, everyone thought the lookalike was the real deal!


Besides putting faces to online monikers, I also had a blast making new friends and taking loads of candids in the photobooth. I can't wait to see Emma, Sass and Beth this coming weekend for another event, and Dei will definitely be missed! Do check their blogs out if you can.



Thank you so much to Thomas Cook, it was a fabulous event befitting us divas, and the bottle of prosecco at the end was a lovely gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

fashion, eats and treats © 2014